Functions of Political Parties
- Interest Aggregation: Political Parties serve as avenues to synthesise the views and opinions of the people on national issues to produce a common aspiration and public policy.
- Political Articulation:Political parties as a matter of importance articulate the interest of the people. This forms the foundation upon which the party will base their electioneering campaigns.
- Leadership/Personnel Recruitment : Political parties brings together experts that will run the affairs of government.
- Mobilization : They also serve as avenues to mobilize the electorate to participate in the political system through rallies and public enlightenment.
- Political parties check the excesses of the government/power and serve as watchdog to avoid bad ruler ship.
- Political parties unify the people. It is one major avenue through which people come together from different cultural and cultural and religious backgrounds for a common purpose.