Skip to content
- Periodic elections .to elect
opportunity to participate in the decisions of the government.
- Fundamental human rights are guaranteed.
- Rights of the minority are guaranteed.
- Free and fair elections (an independent
electoral commission updating the electoral register, secret ballot etc).
- Existence of political parties in the
- Existence of opposition
party to be a watch dog of the government.
- An independent judiciary.
- Operation of the rule of law.
- The franchise is opened to all on the
basis of universal adult
- Provision of special procedures to amend
entrenched parts of the
constitution e.g. creation of new states impeachments
of the president e.t.c.
- Supremacy of the constitution
- Free press.