Malthus in his first essay titled ” Essay on population 1798 ” stated that, if human being are not checked in their natural form, that human population will grow at a geometrical progression while food production increases at arithmetical progression.
now lets look at the event that proves him wrong
EVENT THAT PROVED MALTHUS THEORY WRONG
- The discoveries of new world that provided new settlement.
- The industrial revolution that occured in Europe led to the production of endless articles for people consumption.
- medical improvement helped ton prolong human lives and render positive checks of population untenable.
- Agrarian revolution provided more food to all parts of Europe including the new world.
- Strict adherence to the views of THOMAS MALTHUS led to under-population in many countries of the world.