2Ksngs 5:16 – 27:
- After the cleansing of Naaman at River Jordan, he then returned to the man of
God with all his company,
- He then presented gifts to Elisha the prophet
which he refused even after persuasion,
- But when Naaman had gone a short
dista’nce, Gehazi, Elisha’s servant, followed him.
- When Naaman saw him, he
alighted from his chariot to meet him.
- He asked if all was well, and Gehazi
said that his master sent him to collect the gift,
- He then collected the
two talents of silver in two bags and some garments,
- He put them on two
of his servants to carry them for Gehazi.
- And when they came close home
he collected the items from them and sent the men away,
- He then hid them
in his room,
- Later, his master Elisha asked him “where have you been
- He lied that-he went nowhere,
- His master said he was
with him in the spirit and he saw the things he collected from Naaman.
- He, therefore, cursed him that the leprosy of Naaman would cleave to him and
his descendants forever,
- And it was so/He became leprous immediately.
The areas in society in which greed is prevalent:
- In the political circle,
- In business,
- In family,
- ln the church,
- In the office,