Getting to process a Canadian visa in Nigeria is an easy and tedious task at the same time. The Application process could be stressful but it all depends on the type of Canada visa you are applying for.
Basically, there are over four types of visa for a Canadian trip;
- Business Visa
- Student Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Transit Visa and many the others for longer stay.
The process of acquiring a visa to Canada will be longer for someone who wishes to go for studies compared to the person going for tourism.
You will have to get the visa Application form, fill it and submit your application in person at the local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) either in Lagos or Abuja depending on the one close to your location.
Canada Visa Application Office Address in Lagos
Manor Hall, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I, Lagos.
Canada Visa Application Office Address in Abuja
Silverbird Entertainment Centre. Plot 1161, Memorial Drive,2nd Floor, Central Business District, Abuja.
Before you start the application, below are some requirements you must fulfill to get a Canada visa:
- You must be clear of any health issues; a medical certificate will be of help
- You must possess an international passport,
- You are also expected to have more than enough money to cover your stay in Canada.
- You should at least have a something that will convince them of your coming back to Nigeria in a short period.
- You should also have it at the back of your mind that if you are by any means alleged to have security flaws, you are an ex-convict, you have any serious health issues; or anything that is against their terms for issuing visa, you won’t be given any. So make sure to look clean before you begin the application.
How to Apply for Canada Visa in Nigeria:
- Decide on the type of Visa you want; this depends on what your aim of going there is (if studies; residency, tourism or business) but remember that the process could be different depending on the type you chose. For example, a work visa will require you to get work permit. The easiest visa to get is the tourist visa.
- Get the application form and fill it; you can either get it online on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp if you have good internet connection and the required documents are already scanned or you have an e-printer to do the job. Although I recommend you get the form offline at their Lagos or Abuja Address if you are close to save you the stress.
- Download VFS consent form, fill and attach with application form; this is essential unless you want your application form rejected on submission.
- Visit any of the offices to pay the visa fees which is usually around 75 Canadian dollars for single entry and about $500 for family entry. Although you may be required to pay an additional fee which should be around 10K Naira. Please do not fall for scam, You are to pay this at the counter and not to any Nigerian agent as there may be fraudsters lurking around the CVAC
- You are to submit your visa application form along with other necessary documents at the CVAC where your biometric data will also be taken.
- Now go back home and wait for a notification; this usually takes 2 to 3 weeks, you can track your application status with a tracking id on your receipt.
- When you receive the notification letter from the Canadian government with a request to submit your passport. Submit your passport along with the notification letter at the CVAC.
- There is also a passport transmission service fee to be paid which is usually less than 10k Naira, pay at any GTBank branch and enclose a copy of the payment receipt along with the passport.
- Now wait till your passport is ready for pick up and you will be notified.
We the above procedures, your Canada Visa will be successfully processed.