- You can transfer airtime on MTN using the *600# Share and sell code.
- First change your default 4 digits pin by dialing *600*0000*new pin*new pin#
- To send airtime to someone; simply Dial *600*the person’s number*Amount*your new pin#
- For example: *600*08060000000*50*1234#
Alternatively: You can share your airtime credit with SMS. Read the procedure on How to Transfer Credit using SMS below
You can transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone at anytime by sending an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777.
For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 500 1234’ to 777.
After sending this message, you will receive an SMS requesting you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777
Simply send ‘YES’ to 777
When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
MTN AIRTIME TRANSFER GUIDELINES:
- Only Naira amount can be transferred. Kobo transactions are not supported, so your credit should look like 50.00 Naira and not 50.29 Naira.
- It is possible to send from a minimum of 50 and a maximum of 5,000 Naira per one transaction.
- The daily transactions are limited to 10,000 Naira per person.
- MTN Will charge you a small percent of the amount for example: they will charge you about 3-10Naira on each transaction depending on the amount you transfer.
- example: 50-100 Naira credit – 3 Naira transaction fee
- 101-500 Naira credit – 5 Naira transaction fee
- 501-5000 Naira credit – 10 Naira transaction fee.
That’s almost everything you need to know about sending airtime credit with MTN Share N sell service.
Watch this video to know how the mtn share and sell work and be able to share airtime with others on your mtn line
Sharing airtime on MTN network is easy but one thing you should always check before hitting the send button is the phone number of the person you are sending to.
If you ever send it to the wrong number, You are never going to get it back.