Nigerian Air force Salary Structure (Per Month)
Have you ever wonder how Nigerian Air Force (NAF) pay their officers and how their Salary Structure look like? some people would say they earn well while some will say the opposite but we will be helping you with the official Nigerian Air force official Salary Structure for 2017.
Before you find yourself here on this page i know you must have searched for this information on the net and your effort was almost a waste of time because this information is so exclusive that you can’t easily find it online . Let’s start this discussion by introducing you to The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) and what their job is.
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air arm of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the largest and well organized in Africa, consisting of about 10,000 personnel and aircraft including 12 Chinese Chengdu F-7s, and 11 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, armed helicopters, and military transport aircraft. Back in the days , Nigeria used to rely on the United Kingdom for air defence. In time past , there was a peacekeeping operations in Congo and Tanganyika, at this time the Nigerian Army had no air transport of its own. In 1962, Nigerian government began to recruit cadets for pilot training in various foreign countries, with the first ten being taught by the Egyptian Air Force.
The Nigerian Air Force came into play on 18 April 1964 with the passage of the Air Force Act 1964 by the National Assembly. Their task is to defend the Federal Republic by air, the training of personnel started and they were trained in the air as well as on the ground . That is that for that for the introduction, now let’s to straight to business by revealing the correct Nigerian Air force Salary Structure (Official).
Some people has argued that Nigeria Army pays the highest salary while other said Nigerian Navy pays more , be it as it may be, that is not our concern on this post . The salary of any Nigerian Air force personnel depends on his or her rank . Their salary varies from the highest rank to the lowest rank. Meanwhile , they are also given allowances which add to their monthly salaries.
Mind you, note that the new salaries of the Nigerian Air Force is based on the Consolidate Armed Forces Salary Structure (CONAFSS) which is also in line with all other arms of the Nigerian Military. The once at the top of the rank earn more than the once at the grass root , the commissioned officers who are graduates with B.sc and other university degrees earn more than the rest of them.
After digging on Nigerian Airforce salary structure , this is what our finding is .
- Trainee earns N10,237 monthly
- Aircraftman woman is paid N53,892 monthly
- Lance Corporal is paid N55,832 monthly
- Corporal collects N58,634 monthly
- Sergeant collects N69,261 monthly
- Flight Sergeant earns N87,119 monthly salary
- Warrant Officer is paid N101,974 monthly salary
- Master Warrant Officer collects N165,697 monthly
- Cadet (Trainee) is paid N44,564 monthly salary
- Air Warrant Officer salary is N171,793 monthly
- Pilot Officer salary is N187,159 monthly
- Flying Officer salary is N218,400 monthly
- Flight Lieutenant earns N232,484 as monthly salary
- Squadron Leader is paid N248,004 monthly
- Wing Comdr earns N342,586 monthly salary
- Group Captain earns N352,631 monthly
- Air Commodore earns N677,895 as monthly salary
- Air Vice-Marshal is paid N1,376,343 as monthly salary
- Air Marshal is paid N1,486,451 as monthly salary
- Air Chief Marshal earns N1,724,283 monthly