Guys please how can I create a paypal account for receiving payments in Ghana, I have a lot of cash stuck up with a survey site that requires men to withdraw through paypal
Creating a Verified PayPal Account in Ghana
While creating a PayPal account, you want to have a billing address. One advantage of PayPal to Ghanaians is that PayPal does not confirm your account with your billing address, not even with your cell phone number. It verifies with your email account only. Consequently, you need a valid email address to verify or spark off your account.
Follow the steps below to create a PayPal account in Ghana:
- Get a virtual Togo address with phone number
- Copy and paste the address somewhere on your computer
- Visit the PayPal site and hit Sign up in the top right corner of the page, or use the URL paypal.com/tg which is the Togo version of PayPal
- Choose a Personal or Business account depending on your choice. Personal accounts are for general transactions like buying items and sending money. Business accounts are for integrating with online shops and related stuff.
- Click Continue and you’d be prompted to type in your email address and other details
- Type in the email field your correct personal email address and choose a secure password
- Hit Continue and put in the address and phone number you have copied earlier in step 2 into the spaces provided
- Create your account and login
- Add your debit or master card details. Debit cards can be obtained from most international banks in Ghana including Barclays, UBA, etc. MasterCards can be obtained from GCB and some other banks.
- Check your email address to verify or activate your account, and enjoy PayPal legally in Ghana.
Please note that this type of account (Togo account) can only be used to make online purchases or transfer money to other people’s PayPal accounts. You cannot use it to receive money from someone or withdraw money from your account.