- This covenant would not be
like the one He made with their fathers- the Sinai covenant.
people had broken that covenant
- In the new covenant, God would put
His law within them,
- He would be their God, and they would be His
- The people would not need to be taught to “know the
- They would all know God, both great and small,
- He would forgive their iniquity, and would remember their sins no more.
- He would sprinkle clean water
- He would cleanse them of idols,
- He would put
in a new heart and a new spirit,
- He would replace the stony heart with the
heart of flesh,
- He would put his spirit in them and cause them to walk in
- He shall make them dwell in the land which he gave their
- They should be his people and he would be their God.
Benefits of the covenant to Israel:
- God would gather Israel from countries that had taken them
captives in God’s anger,
- He would bring them back and make them
dwell in safety,
- They would be His people; He would be their God.
- He would give them one heart,
- He would make them fear God for ever for
their benefit and that of their children,
- God would make an
everlasting covenant with them and would always do them good,
would plant them in the given land in faithfulness with all His heart and soul.